Michael reviews general SAT Writing section approaches and strategies and punctuation and grammar rules, then models them on a passage from the College Board SAT Practice Test 10
Michael works through the 1st two passages of Practice Test 10 (questions 1-11. 12-22) with a live demonstration of actually taking that test on each passage:
Notes: & Big Ideas
- Identify the rule that is being assessed
- is it usage, grammar, punctuation?
- is it matching verb tense, or singular v. plural?
- is it usage, redundancies or logic?
- Michael reviews some punctuation rules:
- independent clauses (IC)
- dependent clauses (DC)
- identifying subject-verb-object
- requisite clauses
- subordinating conjunctions (rendering an IC into a DC)
- Pay attention to TITLES!
More to come. Hope this helps!