Here Michael reviews strategies for approaching SAT Reading section historical passages by building core historical knowledge around dates and themes of major wars
By remembering dates of MAJOR WARS, students can easily contextualize SAT Reading passages as either before or after a certain war and, thus, historical themes and perspectives.
Notes: & Big Ideas
- You do not need prior knowledge to answer Reading section questions.
But it helps.
- A little historical knowledge will:
1) provide context
2) make those passages easier to decode
3) speed up your processing of the text and questions
- Use WARS to identify and contextualize historical periods
- especially for typical SAT reading passages themes of social, political and economic change
Here for timeline & themes document featured in the video:
** this document is NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION ** it is for your personal, educational use only ** copyright School4Schools.com LLC 2018-2021 **