The Student Success Podcast discusses students, parenting, teachers, education, and strategies for academic success. community and business leaders. Episodes last 15-30 minutes and feature interviews with students, teachers, parents, and experts, as well as to present ideas and podcast versions of the Student Success Blog.
Our audience is anyone who is concerned about education and how to help kids do better in school.
At School4Schools.com and The A+ Club, we believe that academic success starts and ends with the student. Everything we do is aimed at helping individual students find their individual success.
Please join us on the Student Success Podcast!
Here for the Student Success Podcast Index and RSS Feed
Here for iTunes. And please find us on Xbox/Windows Store podcasts: search for "Student Success"
- Dan Bozzuto on Effective Teaching, Learning & Standardized Tests: Student Success Podcast no. 27Dan Bozzuto explores the difficulties to replicate great teachers, the inherent problems with standardized testing, and some great ideas on how to address both. Part 1/2, featuring Dan Bozzuto, award winning educator and inspired classroom teacher. Dan considers my question, “are good teachers replicable?” which takes him to standardized tests and other obstacles to student learning, […]
- Mike Cahir on Why Shakespeare Matters & How Parents Can Help Their Child Learn & Enjoy Shakespeare: Student Success Podcast no. 26Oh, no, Shakespeare? English teacher Mike Cahir explains why learning Shakespeare matters and how parents can encourage their child to engage in the enormous benefits of learning from the Bard. Featuring Mike Cahir, high school English teacher and Department Chair. This podcast began when I asked Mike for his advice to one of our A+ […]
- Megan Rocks! How the A+ Club assignments and grades updates help students and parents find academic success: Student Success Podcast no. 25Megan Rocks! Megan and Michael discuss how the A+ Club helps students, parents and teachers. Featuring Megan Schneider, Office Manager at School4Schools.com LLC Megan manages the A+ Club service that provides assignment, grades and missing work updates and notifications, essay review and all-round student help with homework, due dates, studying, grades to build academic awareness and […]
- Procrastination Primer Part 2: tools & strategies on how to avoid & overcome procrastination (podcast no. 24)The Procrastination Primer Podcast Part 2/2: Tools & Strategies on How to Avoid and Overcome Procrastination So what’s the harm in a little delay? Student Success Podcast No. 24, March 20, 2015 Click here for PowerPoint presentation of Pt 1 & 2 (not narrated). ** Not For Distribution ** Click here for Procrastination Primer Pt […]
- Procrastination Primer Part 1: procrastination awareness – what is it & how does it operate? (podcast no. 23)The Procrastination Primer Podcast Part 1/2: What is procrastination? Why does it happen? How does it work? So what’s the harm in a little delay? Student Success Podcast No. 23, Feb 27, 2015 Click here for PowerPoint presentation of Pt 1 & 2 (not narrated). ** Not For Distribution ** Click here for Procrastination Primer Pt […]
- The Late Work Game: teachers, do you want missing work, late work — or no work at all?Welcome back to the late work game! First semester is up and teachers and students across the country are recovering from that last minute freak out: get that missing work in! Stressed kids near collapse trying to dig something out, anything to get the grades up. Desperate teachers giving up all pretense of syllabus rules […]
- Five Steps for Better Grades: Student Success Podcast no. 21Today’s podcast, Bromley discusses the key ideas behind the blog post: How do I get better grades? Five easy steps to improve your grades The key to goal setting and improvement is breaking it down into little steps that can be accomplished and measured every day. Student Success Podcast No. 21, Jan. 7, 2015 Subscribe to […]
- Building up the house: in-school student oversight with Gabriella CarboneBuilding up the house: in-school student oversight with Gabriella Carbone Student Success Podcast No. 20, Sept 4, 2014 (recorded July 11, 2014) Today’s Guest: Gabriella Carbone. In this interview, Gabriella discusses her Academic Coaching work with high school student athletes during the 2013/14 school year. Focusing on athletes, Gabriella helped them track work, build executive […]
- Encouragement from Mischa Beckett: empowering yourself & your college experienceEncouragement from Mischa Beckett: empowering yourself & your college experience Student Success Podcast No. 19, Apr. 17, 2014 Today’s Guest: Mischa Beckett, Ph.D. Political Science and college lecturer. In this interview, Mischa discusses her work with high school students in the A+ Club program. Mischa brings the view of a college teacher to the high […]
- Liddy Allee-Coyle on teaching as a two-way street: the power of honesty & respect for studentsLiddy Allee-Coyle on teaching as a two-way street: the power of honesty & respect for students Student Success Podcast No. 18, Mar. 19, 2014 Today’s Guest: Liddy Allee-Coyle, Master Teacher, Ithica City School District In this interview, Liddy discusses her work as a teacher coach to champion the student-first classroom in which students have trust […]